Victory Brewing Company continues to put out really great stuff at really great prices. Victory is the compromise between the $6 pack and the $9 pack. However, I don't think it lacks the greatness that some $9 packers achieve or HOPe to achieve. When I find a company I like I will try the brewery spread.
First up... Hop Devil. No surprises here. I have sessioned this Satan of hops many times past and of course it is featured in my favorites.
Then the Prima Pils. "A refined pilsner beer for natural enjoyment." It tastes just like a beer. Aren't I a great judge? Prima has a great clean and crisp finish inspiring the next gulp without the beer grin.
Whirlwind Witbier: was a surprise, not quite what I thought, a little different that the over popular and growing blue moon. The spicy burst is what got me at the start and I think I followed that experience with "ummm I don't really like it..." But sometimes you don't "get it" until later. by the time I finished this whirlwind of flavor I wanted to start over again. Reluctantly recommended.
Storm King Imperial Stout. In times past I have typically stayed away from stouts and porters. I guess I thought they are too malty for me. Top Down this season has been a great session with the King.
Victory is Yours!
http://www.victorybeer.com/
Friday, November 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
And no mention of Golden Monkey? Shame on you...
Post a Comment