Saturday, November 29, 2008

Triangle Brewery Black Friday Event

Money benefits went to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Drinker benefits went to me and about 200 other beer mongers at the Triangle Brewery in Durham, NC. A friend from work PTap and I went to this mini beer fest right at the brewery in a warehouse district in Durham. Food was donated from everywhere and other local breweries were there to share their stuff along side the Triangle venue. Triangle's spread included a spicy Golden Belgian, a Tasty Seasonal, and a solid Pale Ale. Visitors included Foothills(Winston-Salem), Liberty Steakhouse (High Point), French Road Brewery (Asheville), Top of the Hill (Chapel Hill), Natty Green's Brewing Co. (Greensboro), Carolina Brewery ((not to be confused with Carolina Beer Company and Carolina Brewing Company)) (Pitsboro), The Duck-Rabbit Craft Brewery (Farmville), Rock Bottom Brewery (Charlotte), and Carolina Brewing Co. (Holly Springs).

The opportunity to taste all this local stuff was great. I'm pretty confident I enjoyed every 2 oz sample I could get my hands on with only a couple suspects. But given the beer enthusiastic environment, surrounded by those who respect this stuff as much as I do, even the suspects are appreciated for what was attempted. items in the sample list are highlighted with ^ after the score.

Thank you Triangle. It was chill
http://trianglebrewingcompany.blogspot.com/

No comments: